Event when scrolling vertically

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 3 years ago by Daniel Constantin - ModuleWorks GmbH
Version: 19.1.0687

Hi,

I need an event when scrolling vertically to get the visible lines.

I want to create something with 2 editors (left and right) like a diff viewer. Something like winMerge.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Comments (4)

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

The IEditorView.TextAreaLayout event fires any time a layout occurs, which could be due to scrolling, editor resizing, zooming, or just changes in the document that require a repaint. You should be able to listen to that event to keep your side-by-side views in sync.

You can find details about the available data exposed by the event here:

https://www.actiprosoftware.com/docs/controls/wpf/api/actiprosoftware.windows.controls.syntaxeditor.textviewtextarealayouteventargs

Please let us know if you are unable to achieve what you need based on that event.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Daniel Constantin - ModuleWorks GmbH

Hi,

That event is what I need.

Also, is there a way to set the FirstVisiblePosition? If I scroll on the left editor and I know which is the FirstVisiblePosition, I also want to set that somehow on the right editor.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Posted 2 years ago by Daniel Constantin - ModuleWorks GmbH

Hi,

I have a solution but this is not behaving like I would want because I need the caret to stay where it is when scrolling.

Now I am setting the CaretPosition and then I scroll the line to visible top.

ActiveView.Selection.CaretPosition = new TextPosition(firstVisibleLine, 0);

ActiveView.Scroller.ScrollLineToVisibleTop();

Kind regards,

Daniel

Answer - Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

The editor.ActiveView.ScrollState property returns a TextViewScrollState object that has all the information about how the view's scroll state is anchored and positioned.

You can call editor.ActiveView.Scroller.ScrollTo(scrollState) to set a TextViewScrollState on another view.

The Scrolling documentation topic covers these APIs if you want to reference that.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 25 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.