Theming of ribbon control

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH
Version: 22.1.0

Hi,

we noticed some differences in the white ribbon theme to version used in Office 2019.

Firstly the application button is not colorized. I managed to achieve the desired result by duplicating and adpating the style from your sources. But I would suggest that the colors of the application button can be changed separately from the normal tabs.

But I am stuck with the second issue. In Office there is a border between the title bar and the tabs. I can only add a border under the tab buttons, but not above like it is in Office. Is there a way to achieve the same look like in Office 2019?

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tobias,

Unfortunately we don't have Office 2019 screenshots to reference to see the border you mentioned in the second item.  Do you mean a border that wraps around the left/top/right of the selected tab only, or something else?  If you are looking for a border above the entire Ribbon area, you could wrap the Ribbon with a Border and add a BorderThickness="0,1,0,0" though.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH

Wow, that was suprisingly easy :) Thank you

My first attempt was to set the BorderThickness of the ribbon control itself.
Just for reference, this is the Office 2019 theme I mean: https://abload.de/img/office2019ejj9l.jpg

[Modified 2 years ago]

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 21 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.