How to disable the built-in search overlay pane?

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 1 year ago by Mana Abe
Version: 22.1.2
I saw there is a description for "HasSearchOverlayPaneKeyBindings" in SyntaxEditor Class reference:
> This properly should be set to false when an external search UI is used, since a false setting will prevent access to the built-in search overlay pane.

and in Search Overlay Pane reference:
> Disabling Built-in Search Functionality
> To prevent the end user from activating the built-in search features, set the SyntaxEditor.HasSearchOverlayPaneKeyBindings property to false.
>
> This is useful when your app uses a custom search UI.

I set HasSearchOverlayPaneKeyBindings="False" on my editor's XAML or editor class that inherits SyntaxEdior, but a built-in search overlay pane is still displayed when I enter Ctrl+F key on the editor.

I refered samples - "Search - Custom Pattern Provider" and "Search - Find Results".
But they also display the built-in search overlay pane.

I also refered following thread:
https://www.actiprosoftware.com/community/thread/25111/how-to-programmatically-disable-new-search-ov

What should I do to disable the built-in search overlay pane?

Comments (4)

Posted 1 year ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this.  While that property does turn off key input bindings, it didn't also exclude the ApplicationCommands.Find / Replace command bindings.  Those commands in WPF have built-in key bindings, so that's why it was still showing.  We've resolved this for the next build.

Actipro Software Support

Hello, thank you for your support!

> We've resolved this for the next build.

Is it 22.1.5 or later?
I updated SyntaxEditor to 22.1.4. But it seems that that phenomenon still occurs.

Posted 1 year ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Yes it would be in v22.1.5 since v22.1.4 was released last month.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks, I'm waiting for it!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 10 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.