ContextualTabGroup purpose of Color/Label

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 1 year ago by Martin Obrusnik
Version: 22.1.5

Hi, I wanted to ask how to implement the ContextualTabGroup appearance (atleast portion of it) in the ribbon when migrating from a very old version of Actipro (10.1.0521). I understand that when switching to version 20.1, the visualization of these groups, or their rendering in the TitleBar, changed fundamentally.
But I wanted to ask, is there any purpose of setting property Color (or Label) for ContextualTabGroup?

If not, that means, for example, that ControlTemplate of Tab would have to be slightly adjusted - like propagating the Color of the ContextualTabGroup to Tab ControlTemplate (Foreground or Background) or is there any better solution?

PS: Currently, I am only aware that Tabs in ContextualTabGroups have their own foreground color (RibbonContextualTabItemForegroundNormalBrushKey), which does not distinguish between different ContextualTabGroups.

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 1 year ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Martin,

We have updated Ribbon over time to follow Office's appearance changes to the ribbon.  In the v20.1 updates, we matched Office at that point and removed all custom title bar chrome for contextual tab groups.  They also did away with the Color showing any differences in the UI, and we now use the foreground brush you mentioned instead.  We kept the Color property around in case they adjusted things again in the future but that hasn't been the case.  To answer your question, setting ContextualTabGroup.Color doesn't do anything at this time.

Looking at the APIs, I don't believe that a Tab would have access to the containing ContextualTabGroups's Color any more.  That being said, if you did wish to retemplate Tab, you could make a custom attached Brush property to set on Tab with the Color and have your custom template use that.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 4 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.