It it possible to create a dynamically growing heatmap?

Micro Charts for WPF Forum

Posted 8 months ago by Nerd22 - Germany
Version: 23.1.2

Hello,

I would like to create a heatmap. In the sample browser there's a good example (server temperature) with a static XAML datagrid of 5 columns and 3 rows. I'm would like to create a dynamically growing example, but it seems, that this might be impossible.

On runime of an own example, which produces "only" 30 values / seconds (10 / 0.333333s) the used XAML datagrid causes to freeze the UI in less than 5s. There's no mention, that this is inefficient. It seems, that the XAML grid has a huge memory requirement.

So, is there a way to realize that in another way? My first idea was to use the WriteableBitmapClass, which comes with C#, but I'm usure, if this works better.

Thanks. :o)

Comments (1)

Posted 8 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The MicroHeatMapPresenter should generally be a fairly lightweight control.  Are you thinking the problem is with our control or with a containing grid?  It's hard to give any advice without being able to debug a simple example of the problem.  If you'd like us to check it out, please put together a new simple sample project that shows what you're seeing and send it to our support address.  Be sure to reference this thread in your email and exclude the bin/obj folders from the .zip you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Then we can take a look and see if we have ideas on what is causing the performance issue.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 4 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.