Standard MDI documents snap to left/ right when dragged over the edge

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 8 months ago by Pooja Gore
Version: 23.1.3

I am evaluating Actipro to create a standard MDI application with only document windows (no tool windows). I would like to have the fuctionaily for the windows to snap to the left or right if they are dragged more than half the width over the edge of the workspace like standard windows do. Is this possible and what is the easiest way to do this?

I went over all the documentation and forum but could not find anything that would help.

Thanks!

[Modified 8 months ago]

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 8 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Thank you for evaluating our Docking/MDI product.  Standard (windowed) MDI in our product doesn't have any functionality built in similar to Aero snap in recent Windows versions.  Our functionality is based more on the Cascade and Tile features found in older apps that had standard MDI windows.  I can log this request as a suggestion for a possible future feature.

Our product's Tabbed MDI on the other hand does let you easily dock windows around in the MDI area, and has a more effective use of space anyhow.  That is what I would recommend you use if you wish to quickly fill large areas with your documents so that they have maximum surface area.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 8 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.