Need to get Min/Max values of a circular gauge pointer

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 2 months ago by Brian Post
Version: 19.1.0687

The Minimum and Maximum properties seem to be protected and I'm unable to get these values from let's say a pointer needle on a circular gauge. If I debug, stop, and look at the needle control I can see the Min/Max are set appropriately by the TickSet it resides under. I just need a way to expose them so I can read the values. Is this possible? Or is the only way to get the min/max is from the CircularTickSet?

Comments (2)

Posted 2 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Brian,

I believe the TickSetBase.MinimumProperty and TickSetBase.MaximumProperty dependency properties are attached properties that get applied to the CircularPointer instance.  You can probably read the attached property values on the CircularPointer instance.  Does that work for you?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 months ago by Brian Post

Ah yes that will work just fine. Thanks. I found a couple ways to go about it actually.

For others reference, I was able to use the following:

TickSetBase.GetMinimum(PointerObject) OR PointerObject.GetValue(TickSetBase.MinimumProperty)

AND

TickSetBase.GetMaximum(PointerObject) OR PointerObject.GetValue(TickSetBase.MaximumProperty)

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 4 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.