Use a datagrid to display collections in the property grid

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 2 months ago by Jamie Godbout - Owner, Godbout PCS LLC
Version: 23.1.4

Hello,

In my WPF application I am using the property grid to display/configure properties with my object. My object has an observable collection of a custom type (Parameter). The default editor is an expandable row for each item [0] Parameter 1, [1] Parameter 2, etc. Then I can expand the row to update the individual properties (Name, Status). My question is: Is it possible to set a custom editor to display the items in my collection in a datagrid instead of the default. I would like to have two columns Name and Status, the a row beneath for each item in the collection.

Jamie Godbout

Comments (1)

Posted 2 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jamie,

You can put any controls in a custom value editor for a particular property type.  That being said, it's not generally advisable to make property editors that are very tall since it could affect scrolling. 

The "Custom Property Editor" QuickStart shows how to create a custom value editor.  And there is extensive documentation in the Property Editors documentation topic on the subject.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 4 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.