Help forcing UI to use Actipro NotificationCard

Themes, Shared, and Core Libraries for Avalonia UI Forum

Posted 25 days ago by JP Garza

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to force my app to use the Actipro NotificationCard. I am currently using a different library called "Semi.Avalonia" but I decided to also include Actipro's. For most controls, I can specify when to use Actipro. However I cannot seem to find a way to explicitly tell my app to use the Actipor NotificationCard.

Thanks

Comments (3)

Posted 25 days ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

You should be able to access our Notification control theme with "{actipro:ControlTheme NotificationCard}" in XAML.  So for instance you could set a Notification.Theme to that in XAML, or could make a custom ControlTheme that is BasedOn the above.  Do either of those work for you?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 22 days ago by JP Garza

When I do this:

<Style Selector="NotificationCard">
  <Setter Property="Theme" Value="{actipro:ControlTheme NotificationCard}" />
</Style>

I can see the styling of the card itself changes correctly. But the content inside the NotificationCard gets messed up.

It now shows the Notification class ToString() text Avalonia.Controls.Notifications.Notification instead of showing the Notification properties: Title, Message, and NotificationType

Any ideas?

[Modified 22 days ago]

Posted 21 days ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi JP,

Are you on v11.1 beta of Avalonia?  If so, I believe they changed some of their templates, which might be what prevents this from working for you.  Our templates are based on Avalonia v11.0.

Here is the specific commit I found where they altered the templates, and is what I suspect changes things to no longer work with the template we have.

Actipro Software Support

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.