BarGalleryItemTemplateSelector.PrefersMenuItemAppearance protected or public

Bars for WPF Forum

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 24 days ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 15 days ago by Bjørnar Sundsbø - Norway

I suggest making the method BarGalleryItemTemplateSelector.PrefersMenuItemAppearance public or protected so it can be reused from custom Gallery item template selectors

Bjørnar Sundsbø

Comments (4)

Posted 15 days ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The intention is for you to set BarMenuGallery.UseMenuItemAppearance to true when your gallery should use menu item appearance.  Or specific gallery item view models can set IBarGalleryItemViewModel.LayoutBehavior == BarGalleryItemLayoutBehavior.MenuItem if only specific items should have menu item appearance.

Is there some scenario you have where either of those options won't work?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 days ago by Bjørnar Sundsbø - Norway

Sorry. I didn't see email notification.

I have a custom DataTemplate selector class deriving from  BarGalleryItemTemplateSelector, and want to extend similar gallery vs menuitem behavior for my own gallery items. I duplicated the code from BarGalleryItemTemplateSelector.PrefersMenuItemAppearace, but if they were public/protected, I could reuse those from my custom selector.

[Modified 10 days ago]

Bjørnar Sundsbø

Answer - Posted 10 days ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Thanks for the explanation.  We will make the BarGalleryItemTemplateSelector.PrefersMenuItemAppearance method protected virtual for the next build.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 days ago by Bjørnar Sundsbø - Norway

Great. Thanks. I would have created a PR, but pressure is high at the moment.

Bjørnar Sundsbø

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.