Posted 17 years ago by Ernesto Obregon
Version: 4.0.0261
Can you let me know what is incorrect about this code. When the info prompt is displayed it is not formated, but rather all the Xml tags are part of the text that shows up on screen.

Dim text As String = "<span style=""font-size: 16pt; font-weight: bold;"">Actipro SyntaxEditor</span>"
                            Text = Text + "<br/><i>A syntax highlighting editor control for Windows Forms.</i>"
                            text = ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.IntelliPrompt.EscapeMarkupText(text)
                            editor.IntelliPrompt.ParameterInfo.Info.Add(text)
                            editor.IntelliPrompt.ParameterInfo.Show(offset)
Thanks
Ernesto

Thanks for for the answer in the previous post. That one was staring me in the face and I missed it.

Comments (2)

Posted 17 years ago by Kelly Leahy - Software Architect, Milliman
It's doing it because you're calling EscapeMarkupText. That function is used to turn 'non-markup' text into markup-safe text. For instance, it's changing '<span..." to '&lt;span...', just as it should.

If you feel like you need to escape the stuff going in your body of your tags, you need to do it before putting the xml tags in, otherwise they'll get escaped too.

Kelly

Kelly Leahy Software Architect Milliman, USA

Posted 17 years ago by Ernesto Obregon
Thanks, Kelly
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.