Posted 16 years ago by Mohammed Al-Ashraf
Version: 4.0.0262
Hi,
Within .Net code in the SyntaxEditor, I would like to highlight <% and %> with yellow background. How can I do this.

Regards.

Comments (5)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry but since the .NET Languages Add-on is a programmatic lexer, you wouldn't be able to do that right now without getting the source code and updating it how you need. Source code is available for purchase on our site.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Tim
Can you please advise whether this limitation still exists.

I would like to have a different HightlightStyle for certain keywords such as 'static' etc.

Any other ways of achieving this without significant performance issues, if not possible via HighlightStyle method.

Cheers,
Tim
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Tim,

That limitation is just for adding new token types. If you are trying to modify the styles for existing token ID's (like a 'static' keyword), then you can just inherit the CSharpSyntaxLanguage class and override GetHighlightingStyle.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Tim
Great, thanks.

The difficulty is the light documentation around how various classes and objects need to be used. you guys might be able to prevent a few support forum posts with a little work there :)

I was looking at the Highlighting Styles example trying to figure out how I make it work for C# add-on.

It can be quite painful having to go through the class reference to find a solution.

Cheers,
Tim
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes that's something we're working hard to rectify. As we move forward, we're creating our next-gen SyntaxEditor platform is in the WPF SyntaxEditor. We hope to convert the WinForms 5.0 version to use that design as well once it's complete. But anyhow in the WPF version we have been focused on making a lot more documentation and have over 50 individual samples already for SyntaxEditor.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.