Posted 16 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Version: 4.0.0270
Hi,
I just downloaded 4.270 to try out the C# 3.0 features you mentioned in the change list. I was able to type "var j = 4;" and see intelliprompt on "j.". But I was unable to see any linq stuff show up in the .net reflection form example. Is there something I need to turn on?
thanks,
Jake

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jake,

The updates include the ability to parse our LINQ, etc. without syntax errors and adds ASTs for those items but IntelliPrompt hasn't been added yet. If you have specific scenarios that you'd like to see, it always helps to post them or email us and we can make sure they are on the TODO list. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Thanks for the update. I think the first intelliprompt features I would like to see is support for Extension methods, anonymous delegates, and generic types. So you could support code like

List<string> list = new List<string>();
foreach(string value in list.Where(x => x.Length > 10))
{
   MessageBox.Show(value);
}
Really, I would just be thrilled by full generic support. From what I have seen so far, the query syntax
var x = from y select z;
seems like it will get less use from me and is probably more complicated for you guys to implement.

cheers,
Jake

[Modified at 01/17/2008 10:04 AM]
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.