Posted 16 years ago by Matt
Version: 3.0.0405
Can you shed some light on your 2008 roadmap for WPF controls/suite?

Comments (8)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sure, send us an email and we can discuss it with you.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Denny Voigt
Hi,

I'm also interested in the roadmap for actipro WPF Studio, since the company I'm working for currently evaluates some WPF control libraries and WPF Studio so far left a very good first impression. The points particularly interesting me are: when will docking be available and how about the support for WPF 3.5?

Regards,
Denny
Hi Denny,

Thank you for your interest in our products. I'll email you some information. Also Docking and Gauge will be part of WPF Studio v4.0. It is probably still several weeks away but we already have some customers beta testing Docking.

All our products support .NET 3.5 just fine since we compile targeting .NET 3.0. When you run an application in .NET 3.5 mode, I believe it loads all library assemblies in that mode as well, regardless of how they were targeted. Since we target at .NET 3.0, they are compatible with any .NET 3.0 or .NET 3.5 application.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Rick - Developer, Visual Software Systems LLC
Can you also send me the 2008 roadmap for WPF Studio? I'm interested in what products/controls wil be included in v4.0 and how their features and cpabilities compare with their WinForms counterparts (from a migration perspective).

Thanks... Rick
Posted 16 years ago by Gustavo Guerra
I would also like to know the roadmap, please mail it to me also. Is SyntaxEditor being included in 4.0? We want to implement IntelliSense-like behaviour for a custom language we have in our product, and we'd like to know if your product is an option.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra

[Modified at 06/09/2008 12:32 PM]
Hey all, we just posted an updated roadmap for our WPF development in our blog:
http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/Actipros-WPF-Product-Roadmap---June-2008.aspx

It has the most current information as of now. Also we encourage you to comment on what controls you'd like to see in the future from us as this will help guide our development efforts.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Matt Wagner
Looked at the blog, and looks good. You didn't mention anything much about the Syntax Editor though, except that you're planning to add it in. We're developing our app now, which will be WPF based, and will use the current Syntax Editor. Obviously though, once you guys are done with this, we will upgrade to it.

Are there by chance any technicalities we should be aware of right now, while developing our initial app, to allow for an easier transition to the WPF based Syntax Editor?

Thanks,
Matt

PS. I'm a developer, but not a Windows developer, so sorry if the question sounds stupid. Just project manager for this part.

[Modified at 06/17/2008 07:02 PM]
Hi Matt,

Unfortunately we don't have that information quite yet. We are still in the preliminary brainstorming/prototyping stage for an updated parser engine. And that is on hold until WPF Studio v4.0 is out.

However one goal is the make things so that our document/parsing engine is common to our WinForms v5.0 and WPF variations for easy transitioning. Any breaking changes made from WinForms v4.0 to v5.0 will be well documented as usual. And once we get into the implementation further, we'll probably blog about some of the newer features and concepts.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 20 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.