Finish wizard early

Wizard for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Matt Swanton
Hi,

Inside the SelectedPageChanging event I'd like to finish the script early if a particular condition is met.

I'd like to finish, rather than cancel the wizard.

I've tried calling WizardCommands.Finish.CanExecute in each of the following ways, but none of them will execute;

?WizardCommands.Finish.CanExecute(null, null)
false
?WizardCommands.Finish.CanExecute(null, e.OldSelectedPage)
false
?WizardCommands.Finish.CanExecute(null, e.NewSelectedPage)
false

Any ideas?
Thanks
Matt

Comments (3)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Matt,

Hmm... maybe try calling it on the wizard itself as a target, although I would think that calling it on a page like you did would work.

The only other idea I have is perhaps WPF is caching the result. You can probably clear that with a call to:
CommandManager.InvalidateRequerySuggested();

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Matt Swanton
Hi,

I tried both of those suggestions to no avail.

I did get round it however by performing this action in the SelectedPageChanged event rather than SelectedPageChanging - I'm not sure if this is going to have any knock on problems - but at the moment it seems ok.

Thanks for your help
Matt
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Ahh, yes in SelectedPageChanging you could probably do it but you would need to set e.Cancel = true. Otherwise right after the event it switches to the specified next page after you put it on the Finish page. Sorry I didn't think of that earlier.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 12 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.