Ctrl+Tab switcher window image-size bug

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Robert A. McCarter
Version: 4.5.0471
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows Vista (64-bit)
I found a small bug.

For the DockingWindow ImageSource I'm using 48x48 icons (because I've data bound the DockingWindow.ImageSource to an image property that appears in the document and I want a 48x48 icon there). The larger image works fine on the tabs, where it is correctly shrunk down to 16x16; the larger image appears on the window drop-down (which is okay), it makes it very easy to find the window I'm looking for.

But, the ctrl-tab switcher window uses the full 48x48 icon but only displays the top left 16x16 pixels. I think it would be better if it reduced the size of the icon to 16x16, just like the document tab does.

Thanks,

Robert
PS. What is the actual name of the ctrl-tab switcher window?

[Modified at 10/08/2008 03:52 PM]

Comments (5)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Robert,

Thanks for reporting this. We've fixed it for the next maintenance release.

We call the window a "switcher" too! :)

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Andy Ver Murlen
I am using the build released after this was supposed to be fixed. My tabs use an xaml DrawingImage as their icon image source, with an unrestrained size of around 250 x 250. When the user presses ctrl+tab to cycle through open windows, the full image is still being shown, not a nicely scaled down version of it.

I don't know if we're talking about the same image. I am referring to the header of the entire ctrl+tab window.

In my case, it's gigantic.

I can send a screen capture if that helps.

[Modified at 11/18/2010 03:40 PM]
Modifying the StandardSwitcher style as follows (only showing the header image part) resolves my issue. Specifically the Height, Width, Stretch attributes.

<Image 
    x:Name="selectedWindowImage" 
    DockPanel.Dock="Left" 
    Margin="0,0,7,0" 
    Width="32"
    Height="32"
    Stretch="UniformToFill" 
    Source="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource TemplatedParent}, Path=SelectedWindow.ImageSource}" 
    />
Might be nice if there was a bound "HedaerImageSourceSize" property, or something like it.
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Andy,

That Image should probably be fixed to be 16x16, so it falls in line with the other places the images are shown. Would this work for you, or do you need it to be 32x32?

Actipro Software Support

No, I don't need 32x32. Since I was manually setting the style anyways, I just think 32x32 looks better in the header. That's just my opinion, of coarse.

Do note, stretch to fill must be set to UniformToFill, otherwise it will only show the top 16x16, 32x32, etc corner of the image.

[Modified at 11/22/2010 07:45 AM]
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.