Question

Modal dialogs?

Posted 6 years ago by Avatar Bob Fera
Hello,

I'm very new to the .NET environment, and I just downloaded a trial version of WPF Studio the other day, so please excuse me if this is an overly basic question...

Can the WindowControl be displayed modally? I haven't found anything in the documentation that indicates that it can. If it can't, is there another way to have an app that's using the WPF Studio display a (themed) modal window? I know I can do it with a vanilla WPF window, but I was hoping to be able to stick with the Actipro controls as much as possible in order to take advantage of their builtin themes.

Thanks!

Bob

Comments (2)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bob,

Thanks for looking at WPF Studio.

WindowControl is just a regular Control so it can't be used in a top-level way like a Window can. That being said you could possibly do a Window with no border and put a WindowControl on it. However you'd proabably need to wire up the various events to resize, close, etc.

Alternatively if your main Window has something like a Canvas near its root with the normal contents stretched to fill, you could make a special UserControl that had a transparent background (so it appears transparent but catches mouse clicks) and put a WindowControl centered in it. That would sort of mimic a modal dialog.

Actipro Software Support
Posted 6 years ago by Bob Fera
Thanks for the ideas and the quick reply! I'll give them a try...

Bob
Information The latest build of this product (2014.2 build 0610) was released 10 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add a Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.