Truncated display when CollapsibleTextStyle.FontSize > 10 ?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Paul Fuller
Version: 4.0.0276
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Hi,

I have implemented outlining using custom CollapsedText for various nodes. When the nodes are collapsed the text is displayed according to CollapsibleTextStyle.

For this style, the FontFamilyName, ForeColor, Bold etc settings are used properly when the text is displayed.

FontSize is also used so the text size can be varied. However the text is always rendered within a rectangle that appears to be calculated on a fixed FontSize of 10. The result is clipping if the FontSize is say 12.

It is a bit hard to recreate in a demonstration project. I'll send some images to the support address.

Paul

Comments (7)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Ok, we'll mark this down as a bug. In the meantime, pull out the explicit font size setting on that style.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Paul Fuller
Ok. Thanks for the quick response.
Posted 15 years ago by Paul Fuller
Hi,

I just tried V4.0.0280 and the outlining text truncation does not appear to be fixed.

Do you have any plan to address this one ?

Paul
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Paul,

We investigated it before and it was not an easy fix. There are a lot of higher priority items unfortunately, especially since there is the way you can circumvent the problem as we mentioned.

Actipro Software Support

Ok.

I thought it might be a two line fix but you have assessed it as being larger. Your call.

I'll just point out that circumventing the problem in this case means locking the outline text to 10 point. That avoids the truncation but still it does not look great when the user wants to scale everything up.

Cheers.
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Paul,

Good news... after some additional looking, we were able to locate the problem and get it resolved for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Great. I look forward to applying the next maintenance release.

Paul
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.