Issue:SemanticParserService.Start() needs to be called twice

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Hu Xuenian
Version: 4.0.0277
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
To ActiPro Support Team,

Thank you for your previous support and email answers.

We have some issue with SemanticParserService.Start();

Following are the details,

We are using Microsoft's CAB framework to cater our product's needs.
We allow user to create C# file and there is one Editor where in we use fragment editor concept.

When CAB module is initializing the SemanticParserService.Start(); is called once. After that we load C# files and allow user to perform his/her operations.
In the editor we have a dialog box where we use actipro's syntaxeditor and initialize it's header and footer. The Text of Document is used as a fragment editor. For the first time when we open syntaxeditor based dialogbox we can get "this." with perfect intellisense list.

Issue:
- But when we close the dialog box,
- add some fields/properties in C# file
- again re-open the dialog box
- we loose the intellisense functionality.
- note that we are using document's reparse() method also.
- note that SemanticParserService.Start(); is already called once.

As per your documentation SemanticParserService.Start(); should be called only once. and while disposing / app close the Stop() method should be called. this we have it perfectly in the CAB based application.

Workaround:
I have some workaround here, When I re-open the dialog box I again call the SemanticParserService.Start(); (meaning dialog box open and close methods subsequently calls Start() and Stop methods.)

Issue & Question:
Why I have to call SemanticParserService.Start(); delibrately twice/everytime I open the dialogbox ?
As I have initiated the service already by calling SemanticParserService.Start(); in my main program I shouldn't be calling it, right?

Please clarify or may be it's a bug.

thanks
Paresh.

Comments (1)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Paresh,

Nothing in our code calls Start or Stop on SemanticParserService. So if it is somehow being stopped, it must be happening from within your code. Maybe put a breakpoint on any calls you make to Stop to see where this could be happening from. You are correct in that you should only call Start at application startup and Stop at shutdown.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.