How to apply built-in editors

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Anurodh Ora
Version: 4.5.0482
Hi,

Problem #1

I have bind the property grid with a data source.

But i am not able to apply build in editor like combo box and radio button on that.
However if I add items in XAML then it is being applied.

Please tell me where I am lacking to apply this.

Problem #2

How to apply activation gestures to make property editable like 'F2' etc.
Is there any special code to write?

Thanks

Anurodh

[Modified at 01/19/2009 09:27 AM]

[Modified at 01/19/2009 09:28 AM]

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Anurodh,

1. We would need a little more information to go on. If you can put together a small sample project and send that over to our support address, then we can take a look.

2. What exactly are you looking for here? Do you want the properties to be read-only until the user presses F2?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Anurodh,

#1. Based on your sample project, I'm assuming you want to define the property editors using code-behind (and not in XAML). If you want to define them in XAML, then the Property Editors QuickStart shows how to do this.

As for defining them in code-behind, you would need to update the PropertyGrid.PropertyEditors collection (preferably before you set SelectedObject(s), otherwise you will get an additional refresh as the new editors are applied). The following C# code will build a DataTemplate that uses the DateTimePicker from our Shared Library, and applies it to all DateTime properties.
FrameworkElementFactory factory = new FrameworkElementFactory(typeof(DateTimePicker));
factory.SetValue(DateTimePicker.MarginProperty, new Thickness(0));
factory.SetValue(DateTimePicker.IsEditableProperty, true);
factory.SetValue(DateTimePicker.BorderThicknessProperty, new Thickness(0));
factory.SetValue(DateTimePicker.ValueConverterParameterProperty, DateTimeToStringPattern.ShortDate);

RelativeSource relativeSource = new RelativeSource(RelativeSourceMode.FindAncestor, typeof(IPropertyDataAccessor), 1);
factory.SetBinding(DateTimePicker.ValueProperty, new Binding("Value") { RelativeSource = relativeSource, Mode = BindingMode.TwoWay });

PropertyEditor propertyEditor = new PropertyEditor() { PropertyType = typeof(DateTime), ValueTemplate = new DataTemplate() { VisualTree = factory } };
propertyGrid11.PropertyEditors.Add(propertyEditor);
#2. Since you asked this question again in your other post, it will be answered there.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 15 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.