addint a toolwindow programatically...

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Douglas Gerard - Jackalope Technologies, inc.
I have an app that lets a user build a data acquisition display. all works well until the user destroys the original tool container.

How do I add a tool window (and have it display) when all I know for sure is the dock site?

If I have a named toolwindow container, I just add stuff to that. what is the best way to find at least one appropriate container to add a tool window. The where of where it gets added isn't important, just that it gets added and is visible to the user.

thanks for the help.

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Douglas,

Please look at the documentation in the "Docking & MDI Docking Window Features / Docking Window Features / Lifecycle and Docking Management" topic. That has a lot of information about how to programmatically dock a tool window using the Dock method, etc.

You'd want to use methods like Dock instead of adding directly to a named container. Containers get added/removed at runtime as end users drag things around so you should never rely on specific instances being there. That's why we have all the methods available for programmatic docking.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.