Templating the NavigationBar Title

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Robert Walker
Version: 4.5.0486
Is there a way to Template the NavigationBar Title. Since it is not a DependencyObject, I am at a loss on how the add my own spin to the minimized version.

My purpose was to add some metrics that the user can see when the Bar is in the Minimized state.

Thanks in advance

Comments (8)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Robert,

You mean the title at the top of the NavBar, right? Right now, that is using the HeaderTemplate and HeaderTemplateSelector of the NavigationBar.SelectedPane. Does that help you at all?

If not, maybe make a couple screenshots showing what you want to do and email those over. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Robert Walker
No, when the NavigationBar is minimized, I am refering to the Title that displays on the vertical panel.

Thanks
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Robert,

Ahh I see now. We don't have anything directly that allows that to change right now but I'll add that to the TODO list. If this is something you'd need immediately we can be contracted to implement it. More information on that here:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

Alternatively if you are a customer, email us and we can send you the default style for the NavigationBar and you can clone that and override the template.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Cory J. Geesaman

Was this ever added as a feature?  I'd like to bind the minimized text to the title of the thing which is selected but can't figure out how from sample code.

[Modified 6 years ago]

Answer - Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Cory,

The NavigationBar.Title property is what shows on the NavigationBar when it is minimized.  You can bind to the selected title like this:

<navigation:NavigationBar Title="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Path=SelectedPane.Title}">

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for the quick follow-up.  This appears to work well for the most part, but the Title property appears to be used in "Title options..." menu item as well.  Is there a way to set the "Title options..." text back to the default while still overriding the Title property elsewhere?

Answer - Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Cory,

The Title property is currently used in the mimimized NavigationBar UI and also in the Options window title bar.  We are going to add a MinimizedTitle property in the upcoming maintenance release that will be used in the minimized UI only.  That will allow you to set it while not affecting the Options window title.

Actipro Software Support

We are going to add a MinimizedTitle property in the upcoming maintenance release that will be used in the minimized UI only. That will allow you to set it while not affecting the Options window title.

I just want to mention, you guys have amazing support - it would be nice if more software companies were like you.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.