ComboBox left labels

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by David Sherwood
Version: 4.5.0487
I’m a little confused about your layout controls when using a ComboBox and a TextBox. I can’t get labels on the left. I have four controls: a ComboBox, a TextBox, another ComboBox, and a button. When I place these controls in the group without any layout control, I get four columns but the button is the only one with a label. When I put them in a RowPanel, I get two rows two controls each, but the button is the only one with a label. When I put them in a StackPanel, I get three columns with labels on the top, not on the left side. So how do I get the Box controls to show labels on the left?

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

The ribbon:ComboBox and ribbon:TextBox do have label and image source properties but they are not drawn within the template. Rather the container can optionally draw them.

Right now, the only container that draws them is ribbon:StackPanel. The way it renders is based on the current variant size of the StackPanel. Look at our main Features demo's "Edit" tab for some samples.

If you are using other controls like a RowPanel, etc. then you can just add a Label control next to the control.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by David Sherwood
Thanks for pointing me to the example. I see that I must be medium size to get labels on the left
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.