How to write the <ExplicitPatterns> TAG?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Nassim Farhat
Version: 4.0.0281
Hello ActiPro team,

I am trying to define my own language using Dynamic XML definition, which for beginners, I was told by the ActiPro team, was the easiest way to do so.

So I browsed through the documentation and I could not find explanation concerning the terms used inside the <ExplicitPatterns> tag (all the: &lt, &amp etc... symbols).

Can you please tell me where I can find proper documentation to help me figure out how the <ExplicitPatterns> tag works, how to define it, what all the details inside the example below mean (ex: &amp;= |= ^=) and why do you structure it that way?

1 more question: I did not find the ">,<,>=,<= etc.." operator definition in the C# example below... was that forgotten or am I not seeing something I should?

C# ex:

<ExplicitPatternGroup TokenKey="OperatorToken" Style="OperatorStyle">
<ExplicitPatterns>
=== !==
== !=
= !
++ --
+= -= *= /= %=
-&gt;
+ - * / %
&amp;&amp; ||
&amp;= |= ^=
&amp; | ~ ^
&lt;&lt;= &gt;&gt;=
&lt;&lt; &gt;&gt;
&lt;= &lt; &gt;= &gt;
?? ?
</ExplicitPatterns>
</ExplicitPatternGroup>

Thank you
Nassim

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Nassim,

All those tags are documented in the Dynamic Language Guide part of the documentation.

Things like &amp; are standard XML escape characters.
&amp; = &
&gt; = >
&lt; = <

So when defining explicit patterns in the XML definition that use those characters, you must escape them or wrap the inner content with a CDATA section.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 25 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.