AutoHideWindow image/text rotation

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Yuji Kinoshita
Version: 2.0.0106
Hi support,

1) Can I rotate the AutoHideWindow image which hide to side,like a VS2008?

2) Can I rotate the AutoHideWindow text?
The side hiding alphabet font rotating is correct,
but japanese font does not rotate.

Comments (6)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Yuji,

Yes you can really control almost how anything renders in UIStudio. In this scenario you'd want to create a custom DockRenderer that inherits one of our built-in ones. Then you'd override the appropriate methods to measure/render the auto-hide tab portion. You can then assign this to your DockManager.Renderer property for a single instance or apply the renderer to the global renderer manager to make it the global default. I believe there's a documentation topic that talks about the renderer manager.

Actipro Software Support

Thank you for reply.
The custom DockRenderer can rotate image in DrawAutoHideTab override method. I want to draw rotated text on AutoHideTab base drawing (border, backgroundfill, margin...), but I don't know what DockManager how to draw thats. Please tell me.
Yuji,

To draw vertical text we use our DrawingHelper.DrawString method in the Shared Library. If you pass it a StringFormat created by DrawingHelper.GetStringFormat that has a vertical parameter of true, it should render vertically.

Actipro Software Support

thanks for your support.
but it is not my solution. In english, vertical font drawing is correct, but japanese font is not. Please look this capture image.
I want to draw like VS2005. I think the first step is UIStudio drawing implement in override DrawAutoHideTab(). Please tell me how to draw base drawing of AutoHideTab without text.
I see what you mean. I'll email you the renderer code for that method so you can modify it as needed.

Actipro Software Support

Thank you!
I modified text drawing process. It seems to work ok.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.