Creating an Object File Library

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Lane Slabaugh
Version: 9.1.0505
I am currently working with some HMI (Human Machine Interface) software that allows the user to import custom WPF components, however, they have to be of the file extension .lib.

My only problem is I'm not sure how to get from these great gauges I can create in VS 2008 WPF Applications, to the .lib file I can import into my HMI software application.

Can you provide any guidance? I'm not sure if I actually need to create a "WPF Custom Control Library" using your software + VS, and if so, I'm not sure how do to it.

Any information you can provide would be appreciated, I will most certainly buy the guage portion of this software if I can figure out how to get this to work.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Having spent nearly the entire afternoon on this, I have found that the program will let me directly reference the ActiproSoftware.Gauge.Wpf30.dll. However the controls in that dll each come in separately, and don't let me link any of them to one of my data tags. CircularGauge, CircularPoiterBar, CircularPointerCap, etc...

[Modified at 09/24/2009 02:49 PM]

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Lane,

It really depends largely on the HMI software. You can certainly create a DLL assembly, which contains one or more UserControls (which in turn would use our Gauges). But again, I'm not sure how the HMI software "detects" components.

It would probably be best to contact us through our support email address, so we can get some more details.

[Modified at 09/24/2009 02:55 PM]

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 6 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.