ParameterInfo problem in Simple Add-on Sample

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Nick Frazier
Version: 4.0.0282
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
In your sample project, there appears to be a problem with the ParameterInfo closing unexpectedly in the Simple Add-on.

Type in the following within the context of one of the functions in the sample text:

Add(x

The ParameterInfo will be displayed. Now, hit ESC to close the parameter info.

Now, type in a comma to re-display the ParameterInfo. Now, hitting any key will close the ParameterInfo.

I would expect the ParameterInfo would stay open until I entered the ESC key or a close parenthesis.

Is there anyway to correct this behavior? I would like to provide the same functionality--allowing a user to continue the ParameterInfo where they left off by typing in a comma, but as soon as they type anything, the ParameterInfo closes.

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Nick,

It looks like the end valid range wasn't being set appropriately. If you change line 310 in SimpleSyntaxLanguage.cs to this, it should fix it:
parameterTextRange = new TextRange(offset, Math.Max(offset, syntaxEditor.Document.Lines[documentLineIndex].EndOffset) + 1);

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.