msbuild 3.5 vs msbuild 4.0

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Markus Springweiler
Version: 9.2.0513
Hello,

I have a VS2010 solution (migrated yesterday) which targets framework 3.5.
If I compile from within VS2010 or use msbuild 4.0 from commandline then docking hints look totally different and there are only 4 in the middle when before there was a big crosshair with 9 items.

When I compile the very same solution (.sln) using msbuild 3.5 then everything is normal as it was before.

Why does this matter since I'm always targetting .NET 3.5?

Comments (6)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Markus,

We tried building and running our Sample Browser (which already targets 3.5) in Visual Studio 2010 and the docking guides look fine. It's possible that when you build with VS2010 that it's picking up older versions of our assemblies. You can verify which assemblies it's loading by looking in the Output window. It will indicate exactly where the assemblies are located on disk. You could then compare that the output when running with Visual Studio 2008.

If this doesn't help point to the issue, you would need to put together a small sample project that reproduces the issue and email it over to our support address.

Actipro Software Support

You're right, it's loading 9.1.507 from where it was installed ages ago.

But 507 is neither in the GAC nor in the programs control panel so I cannot uninstall it.
If I open "add reference" in VS2010 there is NO single ActiPro component listed at all -- and I installed it yesterday after installing VS2010(b2).

Any ideas?
Still no ActiPro assemblies listed in "add reference" dialog with VS2010-RC.
We have contacted Microsoft to see if there are any known issues with how Add References is populated since the code to populate it in VS 2008 doesn't seem to work in VS 2010. We are awaiting a response from them on that.

Actipro Software Support

Hmm. Xceed seems to know, how, since their assemblies are listed in beta2 and RC.
Microsoft just told us they are using a new registry key to know how to populate that dialog. We have our installer updated for the next WPF Studio build to use the new key.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.