<docking:Workspace>
<docking:TabbedMdiHost>
<docking:TabbedMdiContainer x:Name="documentPanel">

</docking:TabbedMdiContainer>
</docking:TabbedMdiHost>
</docking:Workspace>
</docking:SplitContainer>
</docking:DockSite>

I have 8 ToolWindow created after the window's initialization. All 8 ToolWindow are moved to documentPanel. Serialization and deserialization works fine most of the time as long as they are in one tab group.

When I rearrange them by splitting them into new horizontal/vertical tab groups and save the layout, that layout didn’t get restored correctly. The individual ToolWindow turned back into tabs.

Is this a bug?

Comments (6)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
First, a quick note... you should never name your TabbedMdiContainers, ToolWindowContainers, or SplitContainers. They are created/destroyed dynamically at run-time so that isn't safe. Instead us the various methods on ToolWindow and DocumentWindow to move them where you want.

As for your question, the layout serialization currently only saves tool window layout for the non-MDI area. Any tool windows in the MDI area currently will not be restored to other MDI tab groups, they will pop back into the default MDI tab group. We have a TODO item to enhance this though, and eventually optionally allow document windows to persist as well.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by poh nee
Thank you for the reply.

When is the enhancement scheduled to completion?
It's a higher priority item on the Docking/MDI product but we are currently working on some other products first since we recently completed some huge updates to Docking/MDI. If you need this feature immediately we can always be contracted to implement it for you. More info on that here:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Jeff Spangenberg
I understand you guys have a million things on your todo list and appreciate all the new features and hard work! but, can I get a ballpark eta for this feature? 1-2 Months, 6 Months, A Year? I'm currently having to use Sandock for Docking until full serialization of Documents is added. I love Actipro Studio and would really like to get rid of the other library.

Thanks.
I would think it would get done sometime in the WPF Studio 2010.1 release. If it doesn't make the first build of that version, it will likely be in a maintenance release. We hope to get 2010.1 out sometime in the next couple months.

Actipro Software Support

Hello,

Just fyi, we've added support for serializing/deserializing the entire DockSite layout (including the Workspace/Documents), in addition to a number of other features.

You can see this in action in the current version of WPF Studio.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.