Posted 14 years ago by SledgeHammer01
Version: 9.2.0515
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
I have a tab defined as follows:

<ribbon:Tab Label="View" KeyTipAccessText="V">
<ribbon:Group Label="Show / Hide">
<StackPanel Orientation="Vertical">
<ribbon:CheckBox Label="File View" Command="local:ApplicationCommands.ToggleFileView" KeyTipAccessText="F"/>
<ribbon:CheckBox Label="Thumbnails" Command="local:ApplicationCommands.ToggleThumbnails" KeyTipAccessText="T"/>
</StackPanel>
</ribbon:Group>
<ribbon:Group Label="Zoom">
</ribbon:Group>
</ribbon:Tab>

Pretty simple... 2 checkboxes vertically stacked. The key access tips for "File View" and "Thumbnails" are positioned incorrectly over the middle of the text for both items. For "File View" the key tip is placed over the "e V" and for Thumbnails the key tip is placed over the "um".

The key tips should be placed slightly offset over the checkbox so the user can still read the text.

Sorry for all the bugs :)... I worked on a C++ / MFC gui library for 16 yrs, so I know how tedious these things can be.

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Please change your normal WPF StackPanel to our ribbon one and it will work right:
<ribbon:StackPanel ItemVariantBehavior="AlwaysMedium">
 ... checkbox controls
</ribbon:StackPanel>
Our ribbon:StackPanel positions the key tips for its child controls according to ribbon guidelines.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by SledgeHammer01
Thanks, that fixed it.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 21 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.