Posted 14 years ago by David Sherwood
Version: 10.1.0522
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)
I tried the help example:
solutionExplorerToolWindow.Float(FloatSizingBehavior.SizeToFit)
but the only option I get is default or SizeToContent. Was this just a mis-print in the help?
When I picked SizeToContent, , the floating window was no bigger than would fit the title bar and it did not change as the content changed.
In the forum, you talk about a future release supporting this. Is this not the release?

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

Yeah, that was a typo and we've corrected that. The correct value is SizeToContent, but this only sizes based on the content at the time you call the Float method. If you change the content, you would need to call Float(FloatSizingBehavior.SizeToContent) again. In addition, if the content can't be measured for any reason this wouldn't work.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by David Sherwood
I added this to the resize event. The window got bigger but with scroll bars, so it's size never changed after that. I was expecting it to behave like Window.SizeToContent, but I guess this is really a InitializeTheSizeToTheSizeOfTheContent
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

That's correct. The Window.SizeToContent is a property, which implies it will retain the "size-to-content" state until the user changes it. Ours is just a parameter to the Float method. When ever we get around to duplicating the behavior of the Window.SizeToContent, we will probably add a similar property.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.