Applying style to Dockable toolwindow

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Shraddha Shetty
Version: 9.1.0507
Hi,
I am working on a WPF project which is using Actipro Toolwindow as its viewmode. I have created a custom style for the same but the style does not get applied to it. Is there any way that I can customize the window?? Please let me know if you have any insight into this.

Thanks and Regards,
Shraddha

Comments (7)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Shraddha,

It depends largely on how you are defining the Style. If you can put together a small sample project that reproduces the issue and email it over to our support address, then we can take a look. Be sure to remove any executable files from the zip file.

We use implicit Styles to dynamically change the look of the ToolWindow, depending on where it is hosted (i.e. tabbed MDI, standard MDI, tool window container). I suspect your implicit Style is defined above our, and thus not applied).

Actipro Software Support

Hi,
Will be creating the sample project soon.Basically what I wanted to do is customize the nonclient area of the actipro toolwindow without hampering its functionality of docking. It would be also ok even if I could change the color of the border (default blue)in the non client area (including the title bar).Can you suggest how could I do this?
Hi Shraddha,

The brushes can generally be customized very easily. You can view the brushes using the Theme Browser in our sample application under the General section. This shows the brushes used and allows you to copy the key information. You can then redefine the brush any way you like.

If you want to change more than the brushs used, then you would need to restyle/template the controls. The ToolWindowContainer renders the titlebar you are speaking of, and I believe the border.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,
I am sending the sample project by my gmail account.I want to change the default blue color of the ToolWindow titlebar to a brush color which is defined in the TitleBarTheme.xaml. I am not aware how to do this.
I tried applying the actipro theme eg.LunaMetalic too to just check if that is getting applied but that too did not work.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Shraddha S
Hi Shraddha,

Fyi, we never received an email with the sample project you mentioned. Make sure to either remove any executable files (exe, dll, bat, etc) or rename the extension on the zip archive.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,
Have resent the sample project through gmail. I hope I have got the email address right :) Have sent it to Support@.

Awaiting your response,
Regards,
Shraddha

[Modified at 07/01/2010 11:32 AM]
We still haven't received an email. Again, be sure you remove any executable files or else it will get rejected by our email servers. Alternatively, you can rename the extension so the email server doesn't think it's an archive that it should scan (i.e. test.tmp versus test.zip).

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.