slow start problem with Actipro Wizard app

Wizard for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by andy
Hello,

My Actipro Wizard app takes a long time (more than 3 seconds or so) to start. I know I am going to hear complaints about this.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Andy,

I doubt it's Wizard or anything we're doing, as it starts very fast when we test it here. You should probably get a performance profiler such as dotTrace to see what is taking a long time. Or it could just be assemblies doing their initial loading that is taking a while, if you are loading a lot of large ones.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Another note is that if you used code-signed assemblies (we do offer those and you may have referenced them) on a machine that doesn't have Internet access, there is a Microsoft issue in .NET where it could lag your application startup by 20-30 seconds for each code-signed assembly. I imagine it would also lag a much smaller amount even if you do have Internet access but a slow connection. Switching to non-code-signed assemblies (we include them in our main install folder) would fix the issues though.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 11 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.