using themes?

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Markus Springweiler
Version: 10.2.0531
I'm using

ThemeManager.CurrentTheme = CommonThemeName.Office2010Blue.ToString();
at an very early time at application startup (before System.Windows.Application.Run()).

My mainform is a RibbonWindow containing a dockpanel which places the ribbon on top and uses a docking:DockSite for the inner fill. One of the permanent ToolWindows uses a navigation:NavigationBar.

While the basic colors change depending of the theme the colors just are not complete. Using Office2010Black I get white foreground on white background for the text of the not-selected item -- it just looks completely different than in your sample app but the theme at least HAS an effect, but something is missing.

What's wrong?

Comments (8)

There must be something badly broken: The office2007 themes work well but the 2010 ones are totally broken -- where is the button for uploading screenshots?
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Markus,

We haven't heard of that happening and we haven't been able to repro it ourselves. Our sample seems to update Ribbon fine.

First please make sure you have build 531 and not build 530. Build 530 had a bug with themes that we resolved with 531.

A screenshot won't help, so if you verify you are running build 531 and still see the issue, please make a simple sample project that shows the issue and email it to our support address. Rename the zip file extension so the mail doesn't get blocked and reference this post. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

I was speaking about the NavigatenBar here not the ribbon. The problem with the ribbon was posted to the ribbon forum but has disappeared?

It's 531 (I was asked this by the forum software when selecting "Question").
Hi Markus,

Sorry it appeared to be about the same topic so we removed the extra post in the Ribbon forum.

Sometimes people just use the default build that pops up without checking, which is the current one. That's why I wanted to double-check you had 531.

As mentioned we'd need to see a sample project that shows the issue. NavigationBar and Ribbon look fine in our samples. One thing that could be interfering is if you are using implicit styles for the controls. When looking to repro this in a simple sample project, check to see if that is the case. Perhaps implicit styles you are using are conflicting with some settings we had to add in our own styles for the Office 2010 theme.

Actipro Software Support

<navi:NavigationBar themes:ThemeManager.Theme="Office2010Black" SelectedIndex="1">
        <navi:NavigationPane Title="Quak" />
        <navi:NavigationPane Title="Muuh" />
    </navi:NavigationBar>
I inserted this in several projects including entirely fresh created ones (targeting 3.5 and 4.0) and it always looks like crap: All 3 Office2010 themes look like crap while the 3 Office2007 themes look well.
And yes, in your sample browser the Office2010 themes look great with the NavigationBar. But I don't get the point what's different there.
With NavigationBar, we made the default be a transparent Background setting since Office 2010 seems to pick up the background of the containing window. So if you set the Background property it should look better. Perhaps we'll start setting the Background to a Window-ish background color by default again for the Office 2010 themes to avoid this confusion in the future.

Actipro Software Support

Thanx, now it looks better (I hope I used the right brush resources).

But it's complicated to put this all into a style because I'm dynamically adding NavigationPane derivants which are declared in their own xaml file (hence the derivation).
Hi Markus,

The background update is in for the next build so when it comes out you can pull your custom style code and go back to what you had before.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.