Question

Change Line Editor Background ReadOnly

Posted 3 years ago by Avatar Jonathan Reis
Is it possible to change "SyntaxEditorBackgroundReadOnlyBrushKey" without resorting the themes? I just want to change this one color.

Thanks.

Comments (6)

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jonathan,

Sorry but for now you must set that brush override in your Application.Resources to change it.

Actipro Software Support
Posted 3 years ago by CodyVanZant
Could you provide more details as to how to accomplish this? Maybe, which Brush it is?
Hello,

You would need to place a line, such as this, in your application resources in XAML:
<SolidColorBrush x:Key="{x:Static themes:SyntaxEditorCommonDictionary.SyntaxEditorBackgroundReadOnlyBrushKey}" Color="Red" />
The themes xmlns is defined as:
xmlns:themes="http://schemas.actiprosoftware.com/winfx/xaml/themes"
Please let us know if you have further questions.

Actipro Software Support
Posted 3 years ago by CodyVanZant
When I release this to a machine other than my development machine it cannot find this theme. How do I redistribute these themes?
Perhaps you aren't deploying all the assemblies you need? Make sure to include our Shared assembly in addition to the SyntaxEditor ones.

Actipro Software Support
Posted 3 years ago by Blake Niemyjski - Wisconsin
Hello,

I feel that this should be made into a property that can be set at run-time. Currently if our document is opened and it is read-only, we need to look up the default background color of the vs editor and update the background color.
Information The latest build of this product (2014.1 build 0601) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add a Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.