Question

Embedded Language Support

Posted 4 years ago by Avatar Paul Hasselfeldt
Does the new LL(*) Parser Framework support Multiple embedded languages like the Winform XML Language definitions? For example in the HTML language when in a Javascript element the language switches to JScript.

[Modified at 12/23/2010 09:29 AM]

Comments (5)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Paul,

Not just yet but we expect to be working on that functionality after we complete the .NET Languages Add-on since there are a lot of customers who want it.

Actipro Software Support
Posted 3 years ago by Paul Hasselfeldt
Has support for Embedded Languages been added in 2011.1 or will it exist in 2011.2?
Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Paul,

Sorry we haven't added anything for that yet. I don't have a timeframe on it at this time.

Actipro Software Support
Posted 2 years ago by Paul Hasselfeldt

I recently came across the post about Language Transitions (http://www.actiprosoftware.com/community/thread/20671/language-transitions). Has this be implemented in the LL(*) parser? Where can I find documentation or examples on how its works?

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Paul,

Sorry but nothing has been added to the LL(*) Parser specifically for multiple languages as of yet. The technique we describe in the other thread focuses on parsing C# code and providing IntelliPrompt within ASP kinds of tags (a child language only).

Actipro Software Support
Information The latest build of this product (2014.2 build 0610) was released 5 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add a Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.