Contextual tab

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by LAURENT PELOU - Software architect, DCNS
Version: 10.2.0532
Hi all,

I'm facing to an issue with a contextual tab in the Ribbon.
One of my documents wich is docked in a RibbonWindows need a specific toolbar. This document "send" to my RibbonWindows a WPF component representing the specific toolbar. It's added to a contextual tab in the Ribbon.

This is working well, my component appears in the contextual tab.... but isn't active until I didn't pressed Home Button !!!!

My WPF component (toolbar) is binded on a DependencyProperty of my document who specify if the toolbar need to be active or not. This is working too, values of this property seems to be good in debug mode.

So I would like to know if this behaviour is already tracked as a bug of ribbon component ?
Maybe I'm mistaken somewhere, I forgot to set a value on the ribbon or something lik that.

Thanks by advance,
Regards.

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Laurent,

We're not aware of any issues. Since command-driven buttons in Ribbon (the same with a normal WPF ToolBar) are enabled/disabled based on whether a command-handler is found, the ability to find the command handler can depend on where the keyboard focus currently is. That is standard WPF command routing behavior.

It would be interesting to see if you placed your button into a normal WPF ToolBar at the same hierarchy level of Ribbon to see if it happens there. I'm assuming you are using commands here. But if it does, then it's likely just that you need to have keyboard focus where the command handler can be found at or above it.

If that doesn't help, can you please make a new simple sample project and email it to us? Explain how to repro the issue, don't include any .exe files in your ZIP, and rename the .zip file extension to ensure it doesn't get spam blocked.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 27 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.