NavigationBar.IsMinimized Binding

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Kris Goossens - Remmicom
Version: 11.1.0542
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (32-bit)
Hello,

I was wondering if i could make a outlook-ui with no code-behind and i found this bug.
You can databind the IsMinimized property on the navigationbar. But when you manualy minimize or expand the navigationbar, this binding get's broken.

I have made a small example project where this bug occurs. Just go to the menuitem 'view' and select 'minimized' or 'maximized' and the navigationbar should expand or minimize. Now minimize or expand the navigationbar manualy (by clicking on the button in the navigationbar). After that you will see that the navigationbar will not respond to the command anymore.

I also wanted to know if you are going to change the default styles for the expanders in the navigationbar for the office 2010 themes because they do not respond to the ui i have in outlook 2010

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Kris,

You would need to ensure that you have Mode=TwoWay on your Binding, as that property doesn't bind two-way by default. If you don't have a two-way binding, then when the NavigationBar sets IsMinimized (due to the user minimizing it) then the binding will be removed. This is a standard WPF behavior.

We made one tweak in the upcoming release, which allows the minimize button to float over the NavigationPane content. This mimics how the Outlook 2010 navigation bar works. We don't have any plans to update the styles of the Expanders though, as Outlook 2010 moved to more of a TreeView look.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.