PropertyGrid inside ScrollViewer and scrolling problems

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Mary Fontana - Rudolph Technologies
I have a PropertyGrid as content of a docking ToolWindow.
When I use a PropertyGrid inside a ScrollViewer, the mousewheel scrolling does not work unless the mouse is over the scroll bar.

I am using Scrollviewer outside of the PropertyGrid because I had problems when expanding categories or viewing the summary.
If I use the scrollviewer of the PropGrid instead, then it does not adjust the scolling correctly when I expand a category or view the summary.

Thanks in advance for help,
Mary

Here is a part of of the PropertyGrid in a UserControl:

<Grid>
        <ScrollViewer HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Auto" VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Visible">
            <propgrid:PropertyGrid x:Name="propGrid" 
   ScrollViewer.VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled"                     
                    HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"  MinWidth="500" MinHeight="210"
                    SelectedObject="{Binding CurrentRevision}" 
                SummaryCanAutoSize="True" SummaryHeight="Auto"
                    CollectionDisplayMode="Expandable">
                  </propgrid:PropertyGrid>
            </DockPanel>
        </ScrollViewer>
    </Grid>

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mary,

If you are wrapping the PropertyGrid in a ScrollViewer, then you would probably have to remove the ScrollViewer in the PropertyGrid's default template for the mouse wheel to work properly. The ScrollViewer always handles the mouse wheel events, except when used in a TextBox.

If you can put together a small sample project that reproduces the issues you have when using the ScrollViewer in the PropertyGrid and email it over then we can take a closer look. Be sure to remove any executables or change the extension of the zip file to ensure it gets past our email filters.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Mary Fontana - Rudolph Technologies
I will try and create an example for the problem I was having with using Scrollviewer in PropertyGrid

For now I will remove the scrollViewer.
Is this the correct way to remove the ScrollViewer?

<propgrid:PropertyGrid.Template>
      <ControlTemplate>
               <ItemsPresenter />
      </ControlTemplate>
</propgrid:PropertyGrid.Template>
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mary,

No, you would need to take the ControlTemplate from the default Styles and remove the ScrollViewer from there.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 5 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.