System.ExecutionEngineException When loading DocumentWindow

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Patrik Cedendahl
Version: 11.1.0532
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hello,
I have an application where I want to load new DocumentWindows when doubleclicking a PDF file. The DocumentWindow contains a WebBrowser control that should load AdobeReader and show the PDF file.

Today I have one DocumentWindow with a WebBrowser control that updates when I change PDF file, but now when I want to open more windows I got this error:

The runtime has encountered a fatal error. The address of the error was at 0x657aa70d, on thread 0x2450. The error code is 0x80131623. This error may be a bug in the CLR or in the unsafe or non-verifiable portions of user code. Common sources of this bug include user marshaling errors for COM-interop or PInvoke, which may corrupt the stack.

The DocumentWindow is created and added to the Workspace but the error occur when I try selecting the new tab (DocumentWindow). I have tried comment out the WebBrowser code and then it works so there is something with the WebBrowser control, maby AdobeReader.

Is this a known error??

DocumentWindow code:

<docking:DocumentWindow x:Class="ToolDraw.UI.Popups.DrawingPopup"
        xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
        xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
        xmlns:ribbon="clr-namespace:ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Ribbon;assembly=ActiproSoftware.Ribbon.Wpf351"
        xmlns:themes="clr-namespace:ActiproSoftware.Windows.Themes;assembly=ActiproSoftware.Shared.Wpf351"
        xmlns:docking="http://schemas.actiprosoftware.com/winfx/xaml/docking"
        xmlns:Helpers="clr-namespace:ToolDraw.UI.Helpers"
        Title="Test" Description="Drawing preview" Background="#FF333333" >

<Border BorderBrush="Black" BorderThickness="4">
        <Grid VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch">
            <Border HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" CornerRadius="5" BorderThickness="2" Margin="3" BorderBrush="#FF595959" VerticalAlignment="Stretch">
                <Grid VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch">
                    <WebBrowser Margin="3" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Helpers:WebBrowserHelper.BindableSource="{Binding CurrentSelectedDrawingFile.LocalDrawingFileName}" />
                </Grid>
            </Border>
        </Grid>
    </Border>

</docking:DocumentWindow>
C# Code:

var dockSite = ((DockingMainWindow) _viewAwareStatus.View).dockSite;
            var window = new DrawingPopup();
            dockSite.DocumentWindows.Add(window);

//var window = new DocumentWindow(dockSite, null, item.LocalDrawingFileName, null, control);
            window.Open();

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Patrik,

Sorry, this isn't something that has been reported before. But it sounds like it's an issue relating to the WebBrowser and/or Adobe Reader, and not our controls. I'd recommend you try reporting this to Microsoft, as they would ultimatley have to provide any fix.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.