Posted 13 years ago by Andre
Version: 11.1.0112
I noticed in that there is no ITextFormatter implementation in the DotNet implementation of the addon. I assume that is why the FormatDocumentAction is not enabled and I can't click Format Document for my c# code.

I am running build 112 (1 behind the current 113). I did look at GettingStarted12, and saw that there is a SimpleTextFormatter.

Is a CSharpTextFormatter expected to be included sometime in the future (and I suppose one for VB for others)?

I'd rather not try and analyze the SimpleTextFormatter too much and try and figure out what you guys are doing. It seems that the code handles most everything. What scenarios/edge cases does the QuickStart12 SimpleTextFormatter not handle, so I can make a better informed decision on how to proceed?

Essentially, I want to know if more official TextFormatter for CSharp is expected soon. If not, then I'd like to see how much work/testing I need to apply to the SimpleTextFormatter.

Thanks

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Andre
I did a little bit of testing with the SimpleTextFormatter. Since it is based on the SimpleTextLanguage in QuickStart03, it needs work.

I believe that to implement a CSharp Text Formatter, we could use SimpleTextFormatter as a base, but then address every token in
ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.CSharp.Implementation.CSharpTokenId
Which there is a decent amount.

So, I guess my new question is, will there be an official TextFormatter for CSharp in the addon? if so, soon? if not, is my above analysis on TextFormatters correct?

Thanks
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Andre,

We do have a text formatter implementation for C#/VB on the TODO list. However at this time I can't yet say when it will be completed. We put several months of work into the .NET add-on and at the moment have stepped back to working on more core SyntaxEditor control features (like parameter info, single line mode, code fragments, etc.). We will also be doing more add-on enhancements, but things like some more IntelliPrompt enhancements may get implemented before a text formatter.

The SimpleTextFormatter is a good base for you to use if you would like to make a temporary one until ours is ready.

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andre,

I wanted to let you know that today's WPF and Silverlight controls v2013.1 releases have added text formatting for C# and VB to SyntaxEditor's .NET Languages Add-on. Please see our blog for details:

http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post.aspx?id=98fc387d-0ede-4f49-9dc2-bf78a880c87d

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v18.1 build 0233) was released 4 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.