Can I use completion session triggers in my own language?

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
Version: 11.1.0544
When using the C# language add-on's built-in intelliprompt, one thing we get is that a completion list is automatically triggered by specific key events, such as pressing a . character after an identifier.

Now, let's say I'm writing my own completion provider in my own syntax language. To trigger a completion session, the Actipro documentation suggests that I implement the syntax editor's DocumentTextChanged event and watch for specific characters being typed.

However, let's say I want to trigger a completion session using the same logic as the C# add-on. Is there any way I can leverage the C# add-on's logic for triggering completion sessions, instead of re-implementing this logic myself? Perhaps there's an attached behavior I can attach my syntax editor to, or some service I can register on my language?

Thanks,

-Craig

[Modified at 08/19/2011 01:49 PM]

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Craig,

If you have a CSharpCompletionProvider instance handy, it implements IEditorDocumentTextChangeEventSink so you can just call IEditorDocumentTextChangeEventSink.NotifyDocumentTextChanged on it when appropriate to kick in default logic.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
But wouldn't this trigger a C# completion session? The scenario I'm picturing is that I use C# completion session triggers (Ctrl+Space, the . character, etc...) to invoke my completion provider's RequestSession method.
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes that would use the C# completion provider. Ctrl+Space will be handled automatically by SyntaxEditor if you have a completion provider on your language at all. Sorry we don't have anything else to give similar logic for the C# completion provider as far as handling "." keys, etc.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 18 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.