docking:DockSite.ControlSize is no longer working 11.1.545

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Billy Jacobs
Version: 11.1.0545
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)
The docking:DockSite.ControlSize is no longer respected in new version.

I am dynamically adding ToolWindow controls at runtime. The width is not working no matter what I set it to. It was working in the previous release.

The following XAML used to work but no longer does.

<docking:DockSite.AutoHideLeftContainers>
                            <docking:ToolWindowContainer x:Name="_sourceItemsToolWindowContainer" TitleBarForegroundActive="White" TitleBarForegroundInactive="White" TitleBarBackgroundActive="{DynamicResource VSBackgroundBrush}" TitleBarBackgroundInactive="{DynamicResource VSBackgroundBrush}" SnapsToDevicePixels="True" docking:DockSite.ControlSize="370,500" />
                        </docking:DockSite.AutoHideLeftContainers>
[Modified at 09/28/2011 04:15 PM]

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Billy,

What version were you using previously?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Billy Jacobs

However, even though this started to happen just after upgrading to 2011.1.545, I rolled back to the 2011.1.542 and now I am having the same issue with the previous version. No matter what I set the ControlSize to it does not change the size of the ToolWindow when it fly's out from its auto-hide position. And, when I pin it, it does not pin out at the size I set it to.

To make matters more confusing, it was doing the same thing on my co-developer's machine but then it mysteriously started working correctly again. We did file comparisons in Team Foundation Server and all of our project files are identical.
We can build on his machine and push just .exe to test server and it works on that server. If I build on my machine and push just .exe to test server it does not work. The actipro .dll's on the server remained unchanged during this test.

So then we installed it on a 3rd computer to test it and on that computer it, displays the same problem as my computer.

Because it works on the test server if my co-dev builds it on his machine and only copy's the exe and not the Actipro dlls, I am baffled. And we have verified that all project files are identical.

Any ideas?

[Modified at 09/29/2011 10:27 AM]
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Billy,

Sorry, I'm not sure what the issue could be. I ran some tests on our samples and it seems to be working the same, but you are probably populating it differently.

One thing to keep in mind is that you should not hold on to instances of ToolWindowContainer, TabbedMdiContainer, and SplitContainer. This includes using x:Name in XAML, since that creates a backer field. These types are created and destroyed dynamically as windows are moved around. So you may ultimately be referencing a ToolWindowContainer that may not be used anymore.

If you can please put together a small sample project that reproduces your issue and email it over then we can take a closer look. Be sure to remove any executables or change the extension of the zip file to ensure it gets past our email filters.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.