Auto-Hide window - Fill entire Docksite

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Bret Naughton
Version: 11.2.0551
I have a auto-hide toolwindow docked to the side of my docksite. What I would like to do is when I unhide the toolwindow I would like to have this window take up the entire docksite, so that it covers up any toolwindows that are currently in the docksite.

Currently, the toolwindow only expands out to partly be a % of the docksite.

So, is there a property to activate this function, and also would like to stop the user from dragging/resizing this toolwindow.

Thanks,
Bret

Comments (3)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bret,

Sorry, but that is not supported. I've marked down a TODO item to see about adding such a feature in the future though.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Bret Naughton
Thanks is it possible I could do it another way - have an action on a auto-hide/unhide event, so that I make the docked toolwindow the same width as the current docksite size every time the event is raised? (As well as an event on the docksite/toolwindow parent, that on resize it automatically resizes the docked toolwindow as described).

Thanks
Bret
Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bret,

You could try to call DockSite.SetControlSizeForState(toolWindow, dockSite.RenderSize, DockingWindowState.AutoHide) when the window's state is changed to AutoHide. You would then need to make that call again whenever the DockSite's size changed. I'm not sure that will work, but it's worth a try.

You could probably disable popup resizing using an implicit Style for the AutoHidePopupSplitter type. You would need a single Setter that sets IsEnabled to false.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.