My xaml looks somewhat like :

<UserControl x:Name ="MyUserControl" >
<PropertyGrid x:Name="MyPropertyGrid"
SelectedObjects="{Binding Path=MyItems}"
<PropertyGrid.DataFactory>
<MyDataFactory/>
</PropertyGrid.DataFactory>

</UserControl>

I have a class (MyDataFactory) derived from DataFactory.
In my MyDataFactory I want to have a variable that points to the usercontrol "MyUserControl" or, better, its DataContext.
How can I pass this information to my class? Through a constructor?
Help is appreciated.

Comments (3)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

Yes, you would have to do that in the code-behind constructor of MyUserControl, which would probably look like:
public MyUserControl() {
    InitializeComponent();

this.MyPropertyGrid.DataFactory = new MyDataFactory(/* Pass what you want here */);
}

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Moondance
Well the thing is that I have to keep things in xaml and cannot have a parameterized constructor. Can I set maybe the DataFactoryOptions in xaml? Is that possible?
Thanks
Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

No, it is not possible to set the DataFactoryOptions as that is generated dynamically by the PropertyGrid and/or its items. I don't believe you'd be able to do it purely from XAML, as the DataFactory is independent of the visual tree.

You could build a custom PropertyGrid class (i.e. MyPropertyGrid) that sets it's own DataFactory based on a custom dependency property. That approach is effectively the same as the one suggested before, but is more encapsulated.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 12 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.