Cursor Jumps from Editor to Attributes Selector

Spider Writer Suggestions and Support Forum

The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 21 years ago by jeff
An unexpected event occurrs when I cursor down in the main text editor control.

In design mode, when I am in the main text editor control, if I cursor down to the last line, control leaps to the "fast formatting" drop-down list shown in the upper-left area above the editor.

This will cause the last formatted text to "magically" transform as I flip through the choices in the drop-down list. This is very annoying. I can usually place my cursor back on the modified text and reselect the formatting I want.

If I just place the cursor in the text control and use my cursors, it does not jump to the drop-down box. However, if I type something and then press the down-cursor key enough times... VIOLA! I get the unwanted change.

This does not happen all the time.

Example:

As an experiment, start with a new document. Go into Design Mode. Place your cursor on the Text that says "Page Header."

Cursor down over the text that says "Start Your Document Here." When you press the down cursor key one more time, the formatting drop-down list gains focus. One more press of the cursor key and the text over which the cursor rested last (the "Start Your Document..." text in this case) begins a wonderful trip through the possibilities of automated formatting.

Comments (1)

Posted 21 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I see what you mean. Unfortunately, the design view control is written by Microsoft and that is a bug in the control that we cannot fix since we don't have the code for it.

Actipro Software Support