Problems with the framework

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Adamczak - Developer, AAA Software Enterprises
I have recently moved some of my software to use the UIStudio docking framework (I moved from DockableWindow). Since then I've had several problems in all of the moved applications.

1. It seems that there is some refresh issue in the new docking framework. It causes any list views anc list boxes to refresh completely (flash), which causes it to look really bad. I have an application with about 8 list views and list boxes on the same form. When I add an item to one using a popup dialog, they all flash. This used to not happen in the previous framework (I can get you 2 installers, one old, one new of my software, so you can see the difference for yourself).

2. Twice now, I was using the newly moved over apps, and the app just disappeared (crashed the .Net framework, I think) with no error messages, nothing. I can't reproduce this reliably.

3. Once in a while, if I have a lot of documents open in my applications, I start getting DC is locked type errors. I didn't catch the error or the stack trace last time, but next time it happens I will be sure to grab the stack trace.

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
1) I'm not sure what would cause the other listboxes to flash. I just built a small sample form here with two listboxes of items, each in their own tool windows. I added a button to the form to add an item to the first listbox. When I clicked it to add items, I saw no flicker.

2/3) We haven't had any reports of those happening. If you can put together a small sample project that can reproduce them, please send it over so we can fix it if it is something in our code. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

I think you have to bring up a dialog to enter data that goes away that causes the flashing. The controls affected are tree views, list views, and list boxes. I will try to set up a small repro app, but you have to give me a few days.
This has been fixed in the latest version of 1.5. Is this going to be fixed in version 1.0 of UIStudio?
I haven't upgraded to 1.5, since I don't have a yearly subscription and I don't really want to upgrade 3 times a year to a different version number. Thanks...
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We'll try and put together a new 1.0 maintenance release for you.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.