automatic insertion of end-tags does´nt work

Spider Writer Suggestions and Support Forum

The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 18 years ago by Martin Sauer
Hello,
I´m using newest version of SW and WinXPPro (german). When typing a start-tag nothing happens. I toggled the setting with no success. For a variety of CFML-Tags the attibutes are missing (e.g. cfoutput). The problem with code corruption when doing some formatting in WYSIWIG-mode is really disturbing. There is no answer on my last posting about SQL-Server-connection too. What is support in your opinion?

Regards, Martin

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Martin,

I'm not sure what's causing the end tag problem. Did it work for you before?

You can modify the syntax.dat file to add/change any attributes. Just search through it for the CFOUTPUT tag.

Unfortunately we can't do anything about WYSIWYG mode since that is a Microsoft control based on Internet Explorer so we don't have any code to modify for it. That mode should not be used when working in server sided languages like CFML or ASP.

For the SQL connection, I'm not sure. Could you possibly make an ODBC connection to it?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Martin Sauer
Hi,

thanks for your answer. I found out that display of attributes only works when the tag is written in upper cases. But tag completion has never worked.

Do you plan to insert tag-dialogs for CFML? Ist it possible to do this of my own?

ODBC for MSSQL-Server works - but that doesn´t show the queries and the stored procedures.
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We're not planning on making more CFML dialogs. However you might be able to add them yourself with the dev kit. Download it here:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Products/SpiderWriter/swdevkit.zip

It lets you make custom plugin windows and is what we made all our wizards with.

Actipro Software Support