The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 22 years ago by -- - Berlin, Germany
Hi there,

I just wondered if SW is still in development. What I like to see next is support for the latest XHTML-guidelines - can we expect this sooner or later?

Thanks!

Adagio Design - Webdesign, PC-Services and more ...

Comments (3)

Posted 22 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
At the moment we are focusing on our newer products. But we do plan on converting our site to ASP.NET in the near future.

After we learn ASP.NET, we'd like to do some upgrading to Spider Writer to support it better. If you have XHTML suggestions, please post them and we'll try to incorporate them in the future.

[ 02-22-2002: Message edited by: Actipro Software Support ]

Actipro Software Support

Posted 20 years ago by corchard - Canadian West Coast
I'd like to see the ability to easily change the source of the automated tags.
e.g. edit <br> so they come out as <br /> or <i></i> changed to <em></em>, etc.

Cheers

Chris

[ 08-12-2004: Message edited by: corchard ]
Posted 19 years ago by Rob N
Along similar lines:

I'd like the default P and LI tag behaviour to include closing tags. This is now considered good HTML practice, and therefore is relevant to all users - not just XHTML. I do find it tedious adding them all in manually.

How about an option for the web view pane to show active content?

I am very glad to read that you are still looking to carry on development of Spiderwriter. It is still the best editor I have found. And I don't just use it for web development - it's also a great editor for creating standalone VBScripts (once you've told it to recognise .vbs files).

A small footprint ASP.net editor would be nice (VisualStudio is horribly resource hungry), but I hope the .net development doesn't stop you supporting us poor souls who still prefer Javascript, ASP and PHP.

One day I may even have another stab at the PHP plug-in!