PrismIntegration with right.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 11.2.0553

Hi,

As i have toolWindow.Dock(dockSite,Direction.Top); functionality in the Open(DockingWindow dockingWindow, object item) function of the IDockingWindowInitializer, IDockingWindowItemTypeProvider of the PrismIntegration.

But can i set the parameter in  this function or can i do programaticcally by setting the  toolwindow to which another opening toolwindow should apply its opening position like right,left,top ,bottom of the toolwindow set by programatically.

For Example Currently  i have two tool windows one above the other  in the docksite or in my main application during the debug time and as i continue the debugging i am opening another tool window using Dock(dockSite,Direction.Right) but it will not dock or open to the right of the top of the two tool windows , as  it will dock or open to the right of the both of the tool window.So can i programatically set the toolwindow to which another opening toolwindow should apply its opening position ?

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

You would need to alter the "target" element that you pass into the Dock method. In the code above, you pass the DockSite so it will dock to the right side of the entire DockSite. If you pass a ToolWindow or ToolWindowContainer (even if it's docked above another TW or TWC) then it will be docked to the right of that TW/TWC. You can get the list of registered TWs from the DockSite.ToolWindows collection.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal

Hi,

Thanks ,Its done according to your suggestion.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.